The 2022 ACEP NextGen Internship Program has opened applications for interested and qualified young Africans willing to gain requisite multi-disciplinary intellectual development, practical skills, and research abilities.
The internship offers a generous stipend and free lunch for successful applicants throughout the duration of the internship.
International interns will also enjoy decent accommodation as well as training on transformational leadership development, professional and career development, and digital communication and technology skills.
The Next Generation Resource Governance Leaders Program is a six-month internship that intends to balance a dose of theory with real-world application and equip participants with the requisite multi-disciplinary intellectual development, practical skills, and research abilities to think in more innovative ways to solve complex governance challenges.
The Program is also a strategy to build a pipeline of young pan-African leaders to provide a sustainable path for good governance.
The core of our ambition is to train and nurture young people in an enabling working environment through a structured capacity development process. These will include training on transformational leadership development, professional and career development, and digital communication and technology skills.
Essentially, beyond the technical training in resource governance, interns will be exposed to the tools and guidance needed to set and achieve realistic personal and professional goals, coupled with well-rounded and ethical leadership training.
To be considered for the internship, you must:
- be a young African who demonstrates a passion for ensuring the vast extractive resources in Africa translate to sustainable and inclusive development.
Among others, the candidate must possess:
- Relevant academic qualifications, preferably in any or a combination of economics (including energy), engineering (petroleum/electrical), oil and gas management, public policy, law, political economy, development studies, development finance, project management, communications, statistics, and mathematics etc.
- Good writing skills with clarity and logical flow of thought.
- Adequate knowledge of relevant qualitative and quantitative analytical tools (R, Stata, Eviews, NVivo, Atlas.ti etc.).
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and meet multiple deadlines.
- Good interpersonal skills and team spirit.
- The ability to think creatively and take the initiative in solving problems.
- A good sense of ownership and responsibility for his/her decisions and actions.
- A strong sense of leadership.
- Scholarship Duration and Reward
ACEP will provide:
- Support for growth and development through:
- Opportunities for training and development.
- Coaching, mentorship, and peer support.
- Creating room for creativity and innovation.
- A generous stipend and free lunch for the duration of the internship.
- Decent accommodation for international interns.
To apply, candidates must be ready to submit the following documents:
- CV / Resume
- Introductory / Recommendation Letter (Academic, Professional, or Character)
- Proof of Residency / Work Permit ( Only for Non Ghanaians )
- National Service Certificate ( If Applicable )
Method of Application
Interested and qualified applicants should click on the button below to commence their application.
Deadline: June 10, 2022
Daily News Reporters