in , ,

Anambra Tragedy: Family of Five Found Dead from Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Due to Indoor Generator Usage

On July 17th, 2023, at approximately 4:00 a.m., the lifeless bodies of a family of five were discovered in a bungalow at Oze Village, Nkwelle Ezunaka, Oyi LGA of Anambra State.

According to available information, the family tragically lost their lives on the first night they moved into their new home.

Investigations at the scene revealed that a generator was connected to the house’s electricity grid and placed in a confined space without proper ventilation.

Following an autopsy, it was confirmed that carbon monoxide poisoning caused their deaths, resulting from the fumes emitted by the generator.

Anambra State Commissioner of Police, CP Aderemi Adeoye, extended his condolences to the bereaved families and took the opportunity to caution the public about the dangers of operating generators indoors. Carbon monoxide, a deadly gas present in the fumes, has claimed the lives of many families due to lack of awareness. Generators should always be used in well-ventilated spaces to prevent such tragedies.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings

Governor Soludo Inaugurates Tiger Foods’ State-of-the-Art Manufacturing Plant, Paving the Way for Agricultural Manufacturing Growth in Anambra

Governor Soludo’s 63rd Birthday Celebration Promotes Healthy Living with a Health Walk and Call for Balanced Diet in Anambra