Malaysia International Scholarship (MIS) is an initiative by the Malaysian Government to attract brilliant minds from around the world to pursue postgraduate studies in Malaysia. This scholarship is parallel with Malaysia’s aspiration to emerge as one of the global centres of academic excellence by attracting, motivating and retaining talented human capital from abroad.
About Malaysian Government (Education Malaysia)
Established on 13 April 2012, Education Malaysia Global Services (EMGS) is a Company Limited by Guarantee (“CLBG”) under the purview of the Ministry of Higher Education Malaysia. EMGS is the wing responsible for promoting Malaysia as the international education hub of choice and to position Malaysia as the Top 10 education destination. It is also the principal body that manages the movement of international students in Malaysia, including facilitating visa processing.
MIS Postgraduate ScholarshipTypePostgraduateOrganisationMalaysian Government (Education Malaysia)Country to studyMalaysiaSchool to study-Course to studyNot specifiedState of OriginGenderMen and WomenApplication DeadlineJune 15, 2022
Aim and Benefits of MIS Postgraduate Scholarship
- This scholarship is limited to tuition fees and monthly living allowance of RM 1,500.00 per month.
- Successful applicants are expected to independently arrange their travel to Malaysia (non-financial provisions). Travel expenses will not be provided by the Government of Malaysia.
- All applicants are highly advised to check the expected living expenses in Malaysia.
Requirements for MIS Postgraduate Scholarship Qualification
Applicants for the 2022/2023 Government of Malaysia International Scholarship should be graduates from the recipient countries (see guidelines) of MIS 2022 who:
- intend to pursue full-time postgraduate studies (Masters/PhD) in Malaysia; or
- are currently pursuing full-time postgraduate studies in Malaysian public universities and selected private higher educational institutions.
Additionally; the applicant must meet the following conditions
- Is not more than 40 and 45 years old at the time of application for Master and PhD levels respectively
- Possessing good academic qualifications:
- Masters applicants: obtaining CGPA 3.0 / 2nd Class Upper (Honours) or higher at Bachelor’s Degree level;
- PhD applicants: obtaining CGPA 3.0 / excellent results at Masters level in course related to the intended study program
- Mastering good proficiency of English Language:
- Obtaining band 6.0 or higher in IELTS; or
- Obtaining a total score of 550 or higher in TOEFL paper-based test (PBT); or
- Has obtained previous degree(s) with English used as the medium of instructions (evidence is a prerequisite).
- Submitting a written research proposal with minimum of 1,000 words that is relevant to the intended field of study
- Documents Required for Application
- Application Form;
- A certified copy of Passport as evidence of nationality;
- A certified copy of Academic Transcript(s) of previous degrees;
- A certified copy of English Proficiency test result (IELTS / TOEFL);
- Letter of Recommendation from two (2) referees;
- Endorsement Form;
- Admission letter from Malaysian university/higher education institute (if applicable);
- Curriculum Vitae; and
- Research Proposal
June 15, 2022
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to Malaysian Government (Education Malaysia) on biasiswa.mohe.gov.my to apply
For more details, click here
Daily News Reporters