All International Students from any part of the world are invited to apply for the 2023 Facebook Fellowship Program in the United States of America.
The Meta Research PhD Fellowship is a global program designed to encourage and support promising doctoral students who are engaged in innovative and relevant research in areas related to computer science and engineering at an accredited university.
Winners of the Fellowship are entitled to receive two years of paid tuition and fees, a $42,000 annual stipend to cover living costs, various opportunities to engage with Meta researchers, and an invitation to the annual Fellowship Summit.
Meta does not claim any right to work performed during or as a result of the Fellowship. All research conducted by the Fellow belongs to the Fellow. This excludes any work completed as a Meta employee, should the Fellow do an internship or consult during their Fellowship.
Tuition money will be paid directly to the school. The total stipend of $42,000 will be paid to Fellow via direct deposit, unless otherwise specified. Stipends must be paid directly to Fellows. Stipend payment(s) are sent once a tuition invoice is received for the respective fall term each year.
The award funds are delivered during the fall term of the awarded year(s) and conclude at the end of the Spring term. If a Fellow graduates in the middle of the academic year, they will receive their full tuition for the semester, and half of their stipend amount (in alignment with the semester).
For the 2023 Facebook Fellowships, below is the available Research Field Areas
- Applied Statistics
- AR/VR Photonics and Optics
- AR/VR Privacy and Ethics
- Blockchain and Cryptocurrency
- Networking and Connectivity
- Economics and Computation
- Computational Social Science
- Computer Vision
- Computer Graphics
- Spoken Language Processing and Audio Classification
- Structured Data Stores
- Machine Learning
- Privacy and Data Use
- Social and Economic Policy
- Instagram/Facebook App Well-being and Safety
- Programming Languages
- Compute Storage and Efficiency
- Natural Language Processing
- Distributed Systems
- Systems for Machine Learning.
To be considered for the Facebook Fellowship, you must:
- Enrolled in a PhD program at an accredited university in the fall following the application cycle (i.e., Fall 2023)
- Engaged in research related to computer science and engineering in areas relevant to Meta
- The Scholarship period will run for up to 2 years or 4 Semesters
- The Scholarship will provide a Full Tuition fee waiver, plus $42,000 annual stipend to cover living costs
- Fellows will have opportunities to engage with Meta researchers
- Invitation to the annual Fellowship Summit
To apply, candidates must be ready to submit the following documents;
- CV or resume
- Research statement
- Two letters of recommendation
Applicants may prepare to apply by creating a SurveyMonkey Apply account. During the application process, applicants will be asked to provide references’ contact information. Once the application is submitted, references will receive an email to upload their letters in SurveyMonkey Apply by October 6, 2022. Please visit SurveyMonkey Apply for more information on references and how to apply.
After the application deadline, changes to applications will no longer be accepted. There is no interview associated with the Fellowship review process.
Winners are notified in mid-January 2023. Winners will be announced on the Meta Research blog. Due to the volume of submissions, we’re unable to provide individual feedback on proposals.
Interested candidates should apply using the link below