Apply to Canadian Universities Now!? If you’ve always dreamed of going abroad to study in Canada, Now is the perfect time to submit your application. The new term of enrollment will begin soon, and many provinces, including Ontario, welcome international students looking to pursue their studies at world-renowned universities.
Many universities in Canada are getting ready for new admissions this fall, with applications for early admissions beginning in October.
Here’s how you can stay ahead of the admissions crowd and also learn how to submit your application to Canadian universities by following these simple application steps.
How to Apply to Canadian Universities
Research the universities you’d like to apply to. Make sure you have at least three choices to consider applying for if you need to.
Examine the admission requirements for international students. This includes:
- Times for admission;
- The language requirements are essential;
- Credit scores required for that degree you wish to pursue;
- A letter of inquiry to the University as well as
- Personal profiles also need to be submitted as part of your profile as a student and can take approximately thirty minutes for completion. You receive three types of questions from the University, which you must answer by writing an essay of a few paragraphs as well as two short videos.
Submit all necessary documents, for example
- Copy of your degree or certificate;
- A completed application form to enroll in your course.
- A current CV (if necessary);
- A Letter of Intent (This declares that you intend to apply to the University or college and the education courses you would like to pursue);
- The results of a language test that are not older than one year to be used for English as well as French:
- English examinations that are widely accepted TOEFL, IELTS and C1 Advanced
- Canada’s most commonly used French tests comprise: TEF, TCF, DALF and DELF.
- Proof of income to prove that you can support yourself and anyone who can immigrate to your campus during your studies.
- If you’re applying for a PhD or Masters’ program, it is necessary to provide two letters from Academic Reference, along with the previous letters of employment; and
- If you didn’t study in Canada, then you’ll require to have your academic qualifications assessed using the ECA (Educational credential assessment)
Note that an authorized translator must translate your documents into English or French. The original documents need to be submitted with your application.
Step 4 on How to Apply for Canadian Universities
Once your application has been processed at the University, you’ll receive an Offer of Admission. It is also known as an Acceptance Letter.
Request your study permit and demonstrate:
- You have enough money to support yourself;
- A medical certificate issued by an approved doctor on the Canadian panel of doctors (if you intend to take a course in Canada for more than six months);
- Have the intention of coming to Canada with the sole intention of studying
- Tell your Canadian Immigration Office that you plan to leave the country when your studies are completed and
- You can also provide a Police Clearance, which is referred to as a police document, to prove that you are an honest and law-abiding citizen with no criminal history (this also includes alcohol-related convictions)
A good thing to remember is that you need health insurance when you are studying in Canada since you are not eligible for public health insurance without proof that your status is either permanent resident or Canadian citizen.
What is needed to Apply to Canadian Universities
Approved Languages Tests
The ability to speak English and French is an essential aspect of being a successful international student since the majority of courses as well as lectures are conducted in these two languages. Learning how to apply to Canadian universities isn’t the end of the road. It is essential to ensure that you successfully pass the language test and earn enough points to show that you can comprehend what’s expected to be learned in Canada.
To show that you have the required language skills, you must pass specific tests, for example, IELTS (International ELT System)) and TEF Canada (Test d’evaluation de francais). Make sure that when you take your IELTS or TEF, you choose the exam for academics instead of the General test option.
Certain universities, such as the University of British Columbia, accept English scores on the IELTS at 6.5 in listening, reading and speaking as well as writing. However, other universities require higher levels of language proficiency, such as seven or more.
Make sure to know what language tests are recognized by the schools you intend to apply for before you make a mistake since they could be expensive.
ECA for International Students in Canada
If you’ve never been to school in Canada, you’ll need to possess the ECA and an Education Credential Assessment. This proves that your qualifications in education are of the same standard as those in Canada.
Different Provinces and Territories Accept Different ECAs
Here’s an overview of the ECA versions you could apply, depending on your location.
- Alberta: International Qualification Assessment Service
- British Columbia: International Credential Evaluation Services
- Manitoba: Academic Credentials Assessment Service
- Quebec: Centre d’expertise sur les formation acquises hors du Quebec
- Saskatchewan: International Qualification Assessment Service
- Ontario: World Education Services, Comparative Education Service and International Credential Assessment Service of Canada
- Northwest Territories: International Qualification Assessment Service
For any other provinces or territories that we haven’t mentioned previously, you can use the following:
International Credential Assessment Service of Canada
World Education Services
International Qualifications Assessment Service
International Credential Evaluation Service
Designated Learning Institutions
Institutions accepting international students require approval from the territories and provinces of Canada. “Designated learning institutions” or “designated learning institutions” is used to define the institutions (DLIs). Thus, the acceptance letter must be issued from a DLI in case you require a study permit. If you do not accomplish that, you could be denied. The positive side is that most of the top universities in Canada can be considered Designated Learning establishments that are authorized to admit international students.
Apply to Canadian Universities
There are four top-ranked top universities around the globe, such as Toronto University and McGill University. It’s no surprise that more than 370,900 international students have decided to relocate to Canada to pursue their studies.
If you weren’t aware, If you’re studying within Canada as an overseas student, you might be eligible for the Post-Graduation Work Permit Program that permits you to become a permanent resident of Canada’s vast white north.
Are you interested in studying at a university in Canada in the form of an international student? Start the application process to get an academic permit to study in Canada through us.
Utilizing our accredited Certified Canadian Immigration Consultants (RCICs), you not only increase your chances of success during the process of applying for visas, and you’ll also receive professional advice on the best program for your requirements. Our RCICs have the highest qualifications and have been granted permission through the ICCRC to help you assess your eligibility, complete your application forms, and then send your application to the Canadian government on your behalf. Don’t risk getting your application rejected because of the incorrect application form, or you have submitted them too late.
We manage the process of applying to obtain a study permit so that you know how to apply to Canadian universities to make an application to Canadian universities across the country quickly.
What is the Best University for International Students in Canada?
Canada is home to one of the top universities in the world. It’s not surprising that thousands of international students come into Canada’s Great White North. The most sought-after secondary education institutions include The University of Toronto, McGill University and the University of British Columbia. There are numerous others.
What are Universities in Canada Like?
Each University has its particular strengths. Certain universities are recognized for their Law or Law, such as McMaster and others, while some pride themselves, like Vancouver Film School. Vancouver Film School, on providing more creative students. However, students from universities in Canada, regardless of which campus they attend, enjoy an excellent level of education and an ideal lifestyle balance.
Can I Afford to Study in Canada?
While certain Canadian institutions are costly, tuition for international students in Canada is lower than in many other countries with developed economies. Furthermore, you can apply for scholarships to help fund your education, and you may also be able to find part-time jobs that can aid in paying for your living expenses and tuition.
DISCLAIMER: Opinions and articles are solely the responsibility of the author and does not necessarily reflect the views of the publishers of Daily News Reporters.
ADVERT/PUBLICATION: Reach the right people at the right time with Daily News Reporters. Try and advertise any kind of your business to users online today. Kindly call or WhatsApp us for your advert or publication on +2348037097936