Connect with us

EDITORIAL NEWS

Nnewi Cathedral And The Politics Of The Building Committee

Published

on

I wonder why our people do not appreciate good deeds. Corruption everywhere. There are people whose business is being a member of a church building committee.

They ensure that donations are done quarterly on church building projects. You will go to church and hear millions of donations made on church building projects but you won’t see commensurate work with the amount donated or rather realized.

Advertisement

It seems that such people have succeeded in hijacking the Nnewi Diocese. What they couldn’t get from the retired Bishop they now have it in the new Bishop.

I am still wondering what a building committee is coming to do with Nnewi Cathedral building that’s 90% completed.

90% singlehandedly completed by Senator Ikemba Ifeanyi Ubah without asking for anyone’s financial donation. Even the materials for the remaining 10% are awaiting delivery.

Advertisement

This is a project that has costs billions. And instead of appreciating the man who singlehandedly did this to the Glory of God and benefit of parishioners, ndi perpetual building committee members came to hijack it, so that every Sunday, instead of people going home after mass. You will hear, “pls don’t go, it is time for donation, for our cathedral building project”, millions will be collected from the poor parishioners.

In some cases you will hear, “our second offering is for the Cathedral building project, pls deep your hand deep into your pocket and build for God. Your know that building materials are costly now, so do something big for God.”

If not for personal gains, I am sure the enemies who connived to bring in the Building Committee wouldn’t have done so.

Advertisement

However, God remains God. We can’t deceive him. I read Mr Valentine Obienyem when he worshipped at the Cathedral during the installation of the New Bishop. Despite not being a friend of Senator Ifeanyi Ubah, he gave a fair analysis of what he saw and couldn’t believe that the project was being singlehandedly sponsored by one man.

The Cathedral project has a tower that’s presently the tallest in southeast. Built by one man.

Destructive politics even at the church is why our region is most divided and not united.

Advertisement

The church should rather help our leader to come together than encouraging disunity among them.

The pix below is a proof that the so called Building Committee is only a political witch-hunt.

Source: AIF Media

Advertisement

DISCLAIMER: Opinions and articles are solely the responsibility of the author and does not necessarily reflect the views of the publishers of Daily News Reporters.

ADVERT/PUBLICATION: Reach the right people at the right time with Daily News Reporters. Try and advertise any kind of your business to users online today. Kindly call or WhatsApp us for your advert or publication on +2348037097936

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Trending