Orumba Political Forum (OPF), the leading and fastest-growing Political Structure Forum in Orumba has through their press statement revealed their stand on Orumba North and South Political Zoning System.
In a statement signed by the OPF Orumba North and South Coordinators and their convener Comrade Ben UMEH stated as follows:
ORUMBA NORTH AND SOUTH POLITICAL ZONING SYSTEM: Our Stand!
Gentlemen of the Press
Our Good People of Orumba North & South
Our Political Leaders, Friends and Associates.
The time has come for us to come to a round table and discuss Orumba’s interests. The issue of the House representative’s political zoning system in Orumba has generated unwarranted heat and rancho among the two Local Government Areas.
Orumba Political Forum (OPF), the leading and fastest-growing Political Structure Forum in Orumba, with over 1000 Members in less than 5 months of operations, took it upon themselves to study, investigate, and analyse the Orumba Political Zoning system.
We hope to vigorously pursue the well-being of our Federal Constituency with a target of ensuring that the right candidates emerge from various political parties in other to give our people the opportunity of choosing the best to vote for in the general elections.
To get this assignment done, the forum went further to constitute a Four (4) Man committee members that did the proper findings of the state of the Orumba zoning system and based on the prevailing circumstances, we wish to state as follows;
1. After twenty-one working days of findings, the committee have come up with a report about the Political Zoning System in Orumba.
2. The members of the committee, consulted many Political Leaders, Stakeholders and Elderly Men of Orumba North and South in making sure that a proper unbiased and sincere report is presented.
3. The members of the committee were generally selected from the two local Government Areas.
4. From the committee report presented to the leadership of the Orumba Political Forum (OPF), stated that Orumba North and South Local Government Area did not have any concrete written agreement concerning the political leadership of the two Local Government areas.
6. We discovered that the only agreement being paraded by the un-informed individuals is an agreement written by the stakeholders of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP).
7. The said agreement of PDP was not in any form including other political party leaders of Orumba North & South Federal Constituency.
8. Our further findings show that the good people of Orumba North & South indigenes, vehemently opposed and disagree with the so-called agreement organised by the People’s Democratic Party.
9. Based on the foregoing, The Orumba Political Forum (OPF), wish to charge every aspirant from Orumba North and South Local Government Area vying for the seat of the House of Representatives to remain focused and shun politics of bitterness that will do the Constituency any good.
10. We also wish to categorically state that Orumba Political Forum, will not entertain any means of thuggery ahead of the Political Parties’ Primary. Every aspirant must desist from any act of Violence.
11. The Orumba Political Forum (OPF) stand also charges all the political parties’ primary delegates, to vote with conscience and desist and never sell their future all in the name of making money.
12. Orumba Political Forum (OPF) in conjunction with all Political Party Stakeholders, Traditional ruler, Presidents General, Youth leaders, Women leaders across Orumba North and Orumba South will in the town hall meeting advance the depate on how to restructure political positions in Orumba and nip the issue of zoning in the bud for a better, prosperous and sustainable Orumba.
13. Finally, we wish all the Aspirants well as we await to establish the Journey of a new PAGE for our people as we plan the biggest political town hall meeting in the history of Orumba North & South in the coming months.”
View the PDF version👇
Recall that Orumba Political Forum (OPF) is barely 5 months and have received over 1000 members; recorded one of the fastest-growing Political Structure Forum in Orumba.