Company: Infinion Technologies
Deadline Date: 22nd July, 2022
Specialization: Legal / Law
Work Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Job Type: Full-Time
At Infinion Technologies, we design productivity boosting solutions aimed at delivering business value and making infrastructure and applications available to enterprises. We are a technology and business solutions Company established with the objective of providing world class solutions to Enterprise Businesses. We seek to offer individuals and organizations sublime services to improve operational efficiency. As a certified Microsoft Partner, we never lose sight of the role we play in helping businesses automate their processes and solve their problems in the local and international community
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Company Secretary / Legal Officer
Job Location: Lagos
Job type: Full time
- You will be responsible for providing sound legal counsel on business matters to ensure protection against legal exposure and liability and provide sound legal risk assessment to facilitate management decision making.
- Build and sustain strategic positive reputation for INFINION through active interface and management of investors and key stakeholders to ensure sustained competitiveness and commercial success.
Your Day- to- Day Responsibilities
- Develop and manage a risk-based legal and external affairs framework to assure legal compliance and good stakeholder relationships to achieve INFINION’s business purpose.
- Develop and manage the legal and external affairs policies, procedures and business plan in alignment with INFINION’s business plan, non-market risks and the socio-political realities in the country.
- Manage the company/corporate secretariat including the legal relationships with all stakeholders
- Provide sound and proactive legal advice and external affairs support for strategic business operations
- Oversee a legal and external affairs risk management system integrated into the corporate risk system; ensuring compliance and mitigating actions for material legal, external affairs and regulatory issues
- Provide high quality legal and external affairs advise on all matters that affect or potentially affect INFINION, interpreting laws, rulings, and external affairs regulations for the company
- Maintain official minute books, statutory registers and other records required under the Companies and Allied Matters Act (CAMA) and make same available to those entitled for inspection
- Conduct due diligence on parties the Company is entering into a contractual relationship with
- Undertake a review of new third-party (outsourcing) relationships, specifically where data or access is involved, or reputational risk could occur
- Maintain a relationship with external legal counsel and provide in-house liaison where necessary
- Maintain ownership of the relationship with OEMs
- Review legal documents pertaining to matters of the Company. Advise the Company in a timely manner of revisions in statutory enactments which may yet affect the Company and prescribe appropriate actions for adherence
- Provide the required legal assistance to staff of INFINION in matters involving government or regulatory agencies in Nigeria during the course of carrying out their duties as employees of the Company
- Review the Company’s website quarterly to ensure data is accurate and up to date
- Keep up with and effectively manage the latest corporate governance and regulatory changes
- Provide legal and external affairs advisory for major projects, commercial agreements and other transactions ensuring business and long-term interests of the Company are protected
- Represent and advise INFINION on all forms of litigation and other legal proceedings and conflict resolution e.g., arbitrations, mediations, negotiations with government (agencies).
Requisite Qualifications & Experience
LL.B in Law; A Master’s degree will be an added advantage
L. Nigerian Law School
Work experience – Minimum 4 years cognate experience post call to bar, preferably in legal consulting in Nigeria.
Key Competences & Behavioral Expectations
- Strategic Cost Leadership
- Commercially savvy
- People Leadership skills
- Coaching & Mentoring
- Problem-solving and Negotiation skills
- Ability to work in diverse teams and clarify complex concepts
- Business & Commercial Acumen
- Result-oriented with proven zeal for delivery and execution
Daily news reporters