University of Tasmania Graduate Research Scholarships
The University of Tasmania is currently receiving applications for the 2022 Graduate Research Scholarships to pursue an MSc or a PhD in Australia.
The Australian Government Research Training Program (RTP) scholarships and the Tasmania Graduate Research Scholarsluethip (TGRS) are awarded throughout the year to high quality international and domestic candidates.
If you are considering applying for a scholarship please review the college specific scholarship closing dates for each round, noting whether the round is open to domestic and/or international applications.
- Tasmania Graduate Research Scholarships are available across all research disciplines at the University of Tasmania and will be awarded to applicants with demonstrated research ability.
- Unless a Tuition Fee Scholarship has been awarded, international HDR candidates are charged tuition fees for the duration of their research degree. International candidates pay an annual fee, please see the tuition fee rates (per annum).
- Successful applicants must have completed at least four years of tertiary education studies and have achieved at least an upper second class Honours degree or equivalent.
- Awards are only available to those who will be undertaking a full-time research Masters or Doctoral degree in 2022.
- Candidates must not be receiving
- another equivalent award, scholarship or salary to undertake the proposed program (if that income
- is greater than seventy-five per cent of the base Research Training Program stipend rate).
Applicants who have:
- completed a degree at the same level as the proposed candidature, or at a higher level; and/or
- held an Australian Government or University funded Postgraduate Research Award for more than 6 months
- are eligible to apply and will be considered in the competitive selection process but will not be
- prioritised against other applicants who have not.
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- The duration of the Award is three years and six months for a Doctoral candidate and two years for a Masters candidate. There are no provisions for a TGRS extension.
- Stipends will be at the rate of AUD$28,597pa non-taxable.
- Award holders can be reimbursed for up to AUD$2,000 in total upon production of receipts.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should click on the button below to commence their application.
Deadline: July 18, 2022
Daily News Reporters